Wednesday, February 9, 2011

To Answer or Not to Answer

Yes, I am throwing in my "reflection monday" today because I have been a slacker all week till now.

Friday night I dressed up like an idiot and drank way too much. Me and some friends played bar golf. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically a themed bar crawl. You get some friends, you all dress up in golf clothes, go to 9 different bars, and you get scored based on different things at different bars. For example, at our first hole, (bar 1), drinking 1 beer got you a bogey. Drinking a shit got you par. Drinking a shot and a beer gave you a birdie. Drinking both in under 5 mins got you eagle. Each bar had different requirements. Lowest score for the night wins. So like I said, you dress like an idiot and get wasted. It was fun! Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures.

Saturday was a snowy night and so Ivy and I stayed in and watched movies. Well, let me rephrase that. I watched movies, and she curled up on the couch with me and fell asleep.

I started Super Bowl Sunday off by playing a game of 50 cup beer pong.



The first game we played took an hour to finish! It was crazy, but soo much fun at the same time. We played 3 people per team and had enough for 4 teams, so we played a mini tournament. Good times!!


And now on to some other random stuff I was wanting to write about today....


I think I might be one of the only people I know who answers the phone on a consistent basis when I don't know the number. That was a little wordy, so let me ask you this; Do you answer your phone when you don't recognize the number that shows up on the caller id? I do. All the time. It's habit. I have friends who say things like, "If it's really important, they'll leave a message." Well what if that one call is all they had a chance for? What if someone I know is calling from a different phone because it is the only one they could find, and it was dying in the process? I once had an ex girlfriend call me from jail in the middle of the night. I answered, and I'm glad I did, because otherwise I'd never know that if someone ever calls me from jail again, you really are limited to 5 mins exactly, and then the phone just hangs up. So if you don't get all the information you need in those 5 mins, too bad, your screwed. So make sure you don't ask questions of no importance or lecture someone. Just saying. Ask questions like what they need you to do. When, and where to be sorta things.

Anyways, I always answer numbers I don't know because I'm paranoid it is someone who will need me, or that if I don't answer, I'll miss something important. If it turns out to be a solicitor, then i'll just hang up mid conversation. That's how I deal with the "unknown number".

3 comments:

  1. I heart Bar Golf! It's gets you wasted but its always lots of fun! I need to play it here in LA-that would be ridiculous! And 50cup Beer Pong-Damn! You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always answer my phone, even if I don't know the number. However, on one or two occasions I've regretted it... once a chic called me and reamed me out for stealing her man (it took a while to convince her she had the wrong number), and another time a guy called on accident when trying to call his girlfriend. We ended up having a nice conversation though... we chatted for like, 30 min lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah - You should totally play out there! Try to get in all the fancy clubs too ;-)

    VABookworm - Sounds like the stories should switch positions, and then you could just blame the second story as a result of the first lol. Good stuff though.

    ReplyDelete