Monday, February 14, 2011

Dollar Dollar Bill Y'all

This weekend was filled with money and long lost friendships.

Friday night I went out with my best friend's Nick and Jess. We went downtown, bar hopped, and spent money none of us had. At one bar, I saw a friend I haven't seen in 6 years or more. We used to play football and baseball together back when we kids. It was great seeing him, although I didn't recognize him for like 15 mins. Have you ever had someone approach you and they are like, "Hey your name! How are you?" then you're like, "HEY!!" and have no idea who the person is? That was me. I was totally trying to pull it off that I knew who he was, but really had no idea. Jerrad looked so different. After we separated for awhile, I finally figured it out, and eventually went back to talking with him. I felt like an idiot, but I don't suspect he knew I didn't remember him at first.

On our walk back to the Jeep, I took a shortcut through a parking garage, and I found a wallet. The wallet had no id, so there was no way to return it to anyone. When I opened the bill section of the wallet, I couldn't believe my eyes. 50,50,50,50,50,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20... etc...

We had just found an unidentifiable wallet with over $800 in it!!! WAHOOOO!! Our expensive night out just became a free one. We split up the money. Now I know that someone is gonna be thinking I am a bad person for taking the money, but be honest with yourself, what would you do? Like I said, there was no ID, so how do we turn the money in? It really sucks that someone lost that much money, but what would you have me done?

Saturday I drove up to Vail to see a friend from high school. She was an exchange student from Australia who spent a few years out here, and that's how we met. After graduation, she went back down under, and we kept in touch for a little while, but I hadn't spoke with her in a couple years until I saw on her FB that she was in Vail this week.

You all remember me talking about accents right? Well, hanging out with a couple Aussies all day was AWESOME! It was great to see this girl after 6 years and catch up. (check out her blog) They wanted to go tubing, so that's what we did. Great day. Here are a few pics or the scenery...




And finally, today is Valentine's Day. I know that many people hate this day, but hey, it should be just like any other day. If you are single, don't let it get to you. Be happy that you don't have to go out, spend a bunch of money, wait ridiculous amounts of time to eat dinner, do ridiculous amount of personal grooming just to enhance the sex tonight, and just think about how fake people are today. Don't be sad, because for the most part, yes, everyone who has a significant other looks happy today, but what about every other day? Those same people will probably be miserable and complaining about their companion next week. 

As for me and Ivy, we decided we're just gonna cook up a couple nice steaks, curl up on the couch, and watch some tv. Simple and easy. Just like any other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment