Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blah Blah Blah

Last week we got a corporate email from one of the executive's, talking about a recent high we made to join our corporate team. As the accountant, I see so much irresponsible spending in my company that it kills me. We spend money like we grow it in the back room. Sometimes I just can't believe where our all our money goes.

As I'm reading this email, it talks about what team this new chick is going to be part of, her brackground and experiences, and how she is going to be such a great addition to our company.

Last year, they're were hardly any raises or bonuses in our company. I know this will be the same this year. And as I continue to read this email, I am reminded that this new gal is not replacing anyone on the executive team, she is just being added to it, so my mind starts to wander, and although I am reading about "accomplishments", and a "great team addition" my brain processes these words to be saying, "We're gonna be paying some else a shit ton of money, so y'all aren't going to get any raises or bonuses again" and "We're gonna keep hiring more and more expensive people for no reason, except that it gives us an excuse to not pay everyone else more".

It sucks that as the prices of everything in our country continues to rise, (gas, groceries, etc.) the poor just get poorer, the middle class start becoming poor, and the rich just get richer. Companies are refusing to pay their current employees more, but are very willing to shop and pay very high salaries for someone to come into their company with "a good name" or "a good background". I think that is crap. If you want your company to grow, give your current employee's some incentive! I think it's common knowledge that if someone knows they will get a reward, they are more likely to try harder and perform better. But when we just see new person after new person come in and take over the high positions, it gives the rest of us nothing to work towards because we know we will always be stuck where we are at because you aren't willing to give any of the rest of us the opportunity to show you that we can kick ass at that job, or that we are the answer for the current slump.


Open your eyes executive team!!

When someone finally gives us a chance to kick ass for them, I hope it's for your competitor, and we put you out of business.


On a good note... HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!  Go get your drink on!! I'm on my way out now to go fill my belly with plenty of green beer :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment