Monday, March 14, 2011

I didn't know they let 14 year old into the bar.

Yes, I've been MIA for awhile now, and I know y'all have certainly missed my reflection Mondays right?

Well this weekend was filled with lack of sleep. Stupid daylight savings time!!

Thursday was the usual beer pong Downtown, and unlike the past, ohh, 12 weeks, the bars were hoppin! The weather was very warm and since it was spring break, everyone was out getting their drink on, and the patios were finally open and you didn't even need a jacket. Good deal!

At one point in the night I went to the bathroom, and while at the stall, I once again was hearing strange noises. This time, it wasn't sex noises. I could hear two guys laughing hysterically like 2 teenage girls talking about penises. I heard them walk out the door as I finished my business and went to the sink to wash my hands. As I got to the sink, all you could see was the foam soap all over everything. The mirror was dripping, the faucets were covered, and the floor was soaked. It was like someone just had a foam party in their while I was taking a leak. I couldn't believe it. How old are we? What fricken retard gets so drunk that they think it would be funny to throw soap all over the place? I've done some stupid shit when I'm drunk, but this is pretty out there. Whatever I guess.

Friday night was laid back, and then Saturday I had to umpire a baseball tournament all day. I was beat when I got home, but I cooked Ivy dinner and made some bomb BBQ chicken!! I haven't made BBQ chicken before because I'm a steak guy, so I usually pick steak over chicken, but I let Ivy choose dinner, and I was up to make a solid dinner. Which I did! I am becoming quite the griller if I haven't mentioned that before. Anyways, while everyone else was downtown getting drunk since the afternoon, we just had some friends over to her place. It was a good night just chilling with people who can actually handle their alcohol, and we didn't have to deal with deafening loud music.

Unfortunately I had to get up early to umpire again, and the time change made me super tired. But when I arrived at the fields on Sunday, I was greeted by one of the most peaceful things I know. For some reason, I think that the sound of crows in the morning is very peaceful. I don't know why, they just are. I guess it reminds me of camping, when you wake up early, step out of your tent and you can still see your breath. The sun is just rising above the mountains, shadows are taller than they will be all day, and you just hear a crow squawking in the distance.

I love spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment