Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Power of the Accent

How is it that I am such a sucker for a girl with an accent? I know that a lot of people are attracted to accents, but they usually have a couple specific accents that turn them on. ME... I LOVE ALMOST ANY ACCENT FROM ANYWHERE!!

Now I'm not trying to be racist here, but there are a couple accents that I don't enjoy. Indian and Asian. Although I have a great Asian impression that makes anyone laugh. Trust me, it's hilarious.

The past week, I have been surrounded by so many accents I thought I was in a fantasy. Kinda like when I was in New Orleans and went to a white linen party, where everyone wore white... I think white is amazingly hot on a women... So real life fantasy... Umm... CHECK!

When I was in high school we had an Australian foreign exchange student who just mesmerized me. She was fairly cute, and had a good body, but she had most horrific grill I have ever seen. A bad grill is very unattractive, but every time this girl started talking, it was like those windows 7 commercial; She instantly turned into a babe. She could have been talking about cleaning out a porta potty and I would have still been intrigued by her speech. Now I know that everyone falls for the Aussie accent, but this was just the beginning of my weakness for accents.

  I went snowboarding on Saturday with a couple friends from Dallas. A couple of their friends came to town also from Dallas, and they were talking about how some people make fun of them for saying y'all and other things they say down in Texas, and I honestly don't know how that could be. I love hearing words that aren't said around here. They could talk about bringing in the cows all night for all I care. I would listen to everything they said. The whole south has their own thing going on when it comes to certain words and accents, they I just can't get enough of. I once went to the bank where my teller was this cute little thing from Arkansas. After talking to her that first time, I started going into the bank like twice a week. I would pull cash from my ATM one day, just so that I could walk inside, deposit it into the same account, and just listen to this girl talk for a few minutes. How creepy is that right? Needless to say, once she brought up the boyfriend, I stopped that non sense. I think I am destined to marry a southern bell.

I also rode up on the lift once with a couple from Canada. Even their accents were interesting. EAY? However they might spell that word, I have no idea, but maybe I'll start incorporating that into my every day language just like y'all. Ha, probably not. It just sounds stupid coming from an American.

Now Chi is obviously from Chicago, and she asked me the other day if she sounded stupid saying certain words. I could never think that because to me, the accent is like a good pair of high heels or a good pair of jeans. Every woman has a certain level of attractiveness about themselves. Put on a good pair of high heels to accentuate the calfs, or a good pair of jeans to lift the butt into a beautifully round orb, and walla... A 7 girl becomes a 9. At least while she is wearing those. The difference is, the accent never goes away!! But without the accent, the girl would drop a notch or two on the attractive scale.

Continuing about the oddity of the past week, I had to go to a special hospital for some health reasons, and I swear, every women in that place had an accent from somewhere. My nurse had to have been from Russia or some country around there, and although I couldn't understand most of the stuff she was saying, I just nodded my head because I didn't care what she said, I was lost in the accent. She could have told me to sign my bank account information on a piece of paper and I would have done it. That's just how powerful accents are to me!

There is one thing I want to know though. From what I have experienced, people from the western states don't have accents at all. Now when I say western, I'm going to include every state South and West of the Dakotas with exceptions to Texas and Oklahoma. Now Californians have certain words all to there own, but they don't have accents. Am I the only one who thinks this? What about you eastern folks... do you think folks from out this way have accents at all?

4 comments:

  1. Oriental is like a rug, Asian is a person or food type.

    I personally love a British, French, southern, Australian, New Yorker… anything really accent. Yum, as long as it’s not boring old noting that is the Midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dated an Australian foreign exchange student in high school and every time he would say my name I practically swooned. Then in college I had two guy friends from South Africa and I just loved to listen to their conversations. However, an accent isn't enough to make a guy that much hotter to me. Foreign guys can be pretty weird, and there's no way I can overlook bad teeth haha!

    I agree with you about people from the west not having accents. I'm from California and I don't think I have an accent, but when I visit my family in the Midwest they think that I do. You are very right about California having their own words. People talk very differently depending on what part of the state you are from. I went to college in Northern CA and they talked sooo differently from the people here and in Southern CA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise - Thanks for the info. Here I was trying to be politically correct, and I still fucked it up lol. Correction made ;-)

    Rach - Have you ever seen "Surfer Dude" with Matthew McConaughey? That's how I feel Southern Cal folks talk. Surfer talk ;-)

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE the Boston accent! Can't explain why, but it makes me melt.

    ReplyDelete