Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fairy tales... no such thing!

One might wonder why this post is even material when I just got back from spending the evening with a great gal who I totally wanted to see, and couldn't even fathum spending the evening with anyone else.But my pessimistic side is coming out tonight... and in a hard way.
I watching yet another movie tonight where a couple starts dating, things start off amazing, and then they change some how and the relationship pretty much comes to an end. But... some how it all works out and the couple ends up together in the end any ways... I call BULLSHIT!! Wanna know the movie that I think is a true example of life? The Break Up, with Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. This movie doesn't have an ending where the couple gets back together. Things go crappy and they just end, and learn to move on without each other. Now I for one have always believed that you are who you are because of your experiences, and I don't see that any different for myself. So excuse me for being skeptical about this new road in my life, but I have only seen rejection lately and so i guess i'm just expecting the same to happen again.

I will never regret throwing myself out there looking for love, and I pity the people out there who can't do that. I have always been the same way... I give 110% into anything that I really want. I'm sorry if that seems overwhelming, but i'm just trying to show affection and show that i'm into you. Yea, i shouold probably start playing the "hard to get" card more often. But really what is the point? Emotions aren't light switches that you can just turn on and off. If I like you, you'll know it. I'm not going to play a stupid game with you of, "well i'll talk to you when i talk to you" That's crap in my opinion!

I'm going to stop myself now before i get too ranty here. But my point is, I hope that i don't fall back into an old tendancy of hiding and running just because i've been hurt. No, I still don't believe in fairy tales, because I haven't had a fairty tale in my life yet. But maybe one day.

3 comments:

  1. This brings you no where but if you like baseball, my blog holds a lot of it... It's at blooger but is spelt like this: redsoxlatest

    Thankyou hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more. I know I'm guilty of doing this sometimes..telling people that "things will turn out okay" but at the end of the day it's a facade that so many want to believe in, because you know that even though life will not always be crummy and be good again one day, they're secretly hoping that the ending will be the "fairytale" ending, instead of just the "life is okay" ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely relate to this post. I recently had one of those relationships that seems to be amazing and then abruptly ends out of the blue and leaves you blindsided. Dating nowadays seems to be more about game-playing and less about actually enjoying being with a person. I now have a hard time putting myself out there because I'm afraid of getting hurt, but like you I am hopeful that I'll get my fairytale someday!

    ReplyDelete