Monday, December 6, 2010

And it Begins...

I now have successfully added "axle shafts/bearings/seals" to my growing mechanics resume. I found out last week that I had a worn our axle shaft. So down and greasy I got, fixin' the beast. Friday night I kept working on my Jeep for the third night in a row and finally got all the new crap put in. What can I say? I like fixing cars, and I usually do a damn good job. I think Jess can support that.



After cleaning up, Ivy came over to watch a movie with me. She brought along some chocolate cake since she knew I had somewhat of a rough week with work, tests at the doctors, and then the Jeep. She is such a sweetheart. Later that night, some PG-13 action went down on the couch.



Saturday I finished putting the Jeep back together and went to the Parade of Lights with Ivy and a few friends. It was crowded and cold, but I had great company and I didn't care. Afterwards we went to a bar where me and Ivy just sat and talked for a long time. At one point, I brought up how good she looked and she told me I didn't look too bad myself. The conversation continued down the looks path when she said, "If you weren't so good looking I wouldn't talk to you." At first I felt kind of hurt, because did that mean I have a shit personality? Then I realized karma was knocking on my door. This is totally something I normally say. I now understand that even if you can admit to yourself that you are shallow, you should never admit to other folks you are shallow. For now, it's ok though, because Ivy and I had a good conversation about how we are both shallow. It was interesting how that conversation made me feel bad and good. Good that she thought I was good looking, but bad that if I wasn't it seems I wouldn't have been able to talk my way into a date with her. Oh well. Karma's a bitch right?



Sunday me and my boys finally tasted the first beer we brewed together about 3 weeks ago. It turned out good, but we are still a long ways from opening a brewery. We bottle our second beer tomorrow and we'll see how that one goes.



As this is reflection Monday, I want to point out a few things. I believe that no matter who you are, you start dating someone based on initial attraction, but there is always a specific time when you realize that you REALLY like that person. For me, that moment with Ivy happened on Saturday. Maybe it was the way she laid her head on my shoulder while watching the movie on Friday. Maybe it was the "Good Morning" text I received the next morning. Maybe it was the way she wrapped her arms around me at the parade on Saturday. Maybe it's the way she smiles when I kiss her. Maybe it's the fact that I've been getting super annoyed with the way Chi has been acting lately. I don't know. But I do know that Sunday I couldn't stop thinking about Ivy and I couldn't wait to see her again.



I am a totally hopeless romantic, and recently when talking to Chi, she mentioned that she is not romantic at all and she didn't really care for romantic type stuff. Ivy seems to be a romantic as well. I have mentioned things like carriage rides, zoo lights, and stuff that is more about the company then it is what you are doing, and she just lights up.

Quickly thought I'd mention that Ivy has this one facial expression where one side of her upper lip lifts and the skin next to her nose kind crinkles up. I think it is so sexy and cute.

I think I have made up my mind of who I would really like to date, and since I really hate when girls play games with me, I will not play games with Chi. Time to start drawing back and let her know I’m no longer interested in anything more than friends.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for being honest with Chi-I can say from experience that it sucks when guys lead you on. Also really cute that you went to the parade of lights with IVy. Girls love romantics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart you Ry. For everything you are. :) This is one of my favorite posts of yours.
    (And yes, you're amazing with your hands.)


    ((On cars I mean))



    (((But I've heard not just there.. :P)))

    ReplyDelete