Monday, December 13, 2010

My Bed is about to get a lot Lonelier

Ivy invited me out with a few of her friends on Friday night and I told her I would drive so she could drink and not have to worry about driving home. Good move right?

We hit some bar that was definitely an older crowd, but it was cool since it had a couple dart boards and AWESOME drink specials. Can't beat 3 beers for $3.75!! After the girls got hit on by some old creepers, we decided to make our way downtown. The night was going great until Ivy's friend passed the line of "fun drunk" and entered "annoying drunk". She kept trying to pick fights with other girls and was just screaming randomly. These are the times when I hate being DD because I hate babysitting! I had to suck this one up though and not say anything. Still trying to impress Ivy and her friends.

I drove the super drunk one home and then proceeded to Ivy's house where I walked her in like I always do, and then came the awkward "should I stay, should I go" debate. We stood in the doorway making out a bit before I said I should probably go. We then continued to make out some more on the couch. Ivy then said I looked really tired and asked if I'd be ok driving home. I told her yes, unless she wanted me to stay. She replies, "You can stay if you want".
Let me just say this ladies; don't give a man an open ended question like that. DO WE WANT TO? OF COURSE WE WANT TO STAY!! But the real question is do YOU want us to? I suppose after all these years I should just know that that type of open question always means you girls want us to. Am I right?
I totally ended up staying, and things got way hotter in the bedroom. I didn't go to bed till about 4am, and then left at 5:30 so I could run home to grab my snowboard gear and hit the mountain. 1.5hrs of sleep??? TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

My plan was to stay in the mountains at a buddy's condo for the night, when I got a text around 9:30 saying, "I wish you came back tonight. I need a swing partner and you are totally welcome to stay at my place again ;-)"
I think it was the wink that sold me... On my way down the mountain I came! I was absolutely beat from no sleep and boarding all day, but hey, you can sleep all you want when you are dead right? I had a pretty solid night, but the best part was Sunday morning when, for the second morning in a row, I awoke to this gorgeous woman with her head on my chest, and her arm tightly wrapped around my ribs.
This is something you definitely don't get with one night stands or fuck buddies. During both of those situations, you do the dirty and then you both turn your backs, curl up with yourself, and wake up ready to get the hell out of there.
If it wasn't for Ivy having to work, I could have stayed there all day in bed with her just like that.

I definitely had some mixed emotions this weekend. After Friday, I was ready to pull the rug on things with Ivy. I think this was because I have been so used to things just crumbling after that "one night together" so I freaked a bit, afraid that I wasn't going to get a night number two. The girls I have been dating for months, just get weird after a hot steamy night. Toot it & Boot it maybe? Well, that didn't happen, and Sunday I felt relieved actually. Like a weight had been lifted off my chest. I got a feeling my bed is going to be seeing a whole lot less of me.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like she into you too. Enjoy it! The beginning is the best part. And yes, I would have to agree with you, when we say, "You can stay if you want to, we usually always mean, yes, please stay. I want you to spend the night." We should just go ahead and be straight forward but I think we just don't want to seem to eager. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes that does make sense Leah. Guys are suppose to be the eager ones right ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I ever told you that I think you're a pretty fantastic writer? :)

    ReplyDelete