Monday, December 20, 2010

Someone Who Can't Take Their Beating

Headed to a party Saturday night where I was thoroughly impressed at first. Ivy invited me to her cousin's party. From what I was told, this was just a normal house party . No special occasion, no themes. When we arrive, there is a DJ in the living room with a full club style set up. By "club style" I mean that he had a table with a full switch board, turn tables, the works. He had a hand full of giant speakers and a huge bass. Next, there was an ice sculpture luge with his address displayed in the middle. It was like a walked into a frat house.

Who has house parties like this? I could see if this was a birthday celebration, but seriously...


The night was moving along just fine, having a blast, drinking some beer, playing some pong, when a fight broke out on the back porch. My best friend and I took a look to make sure it was no one that we came with, which was a possibility of 2 girls, and 2 guys. It was not, so we stayed inside, kept drinking, and minded our own business. After a few minutes, a small group of guys rushed out of the front door, and when they walked back in past us, one of them was holding a knife, straight out in front of him, with a determined "I'm going to stab someone" look on his face.

At that moment I decided it was time to leave. None of the other 4 other people we inside with us. We had no idea where they were. All of a sudden... POP...POP... you hear screams and people just scatter like a disturbed ant hill.
I had no idea where Ivy or her friends were.
Was she outside?
Is she ok?
Where is she?
I don't recall ever being that worried in my life. I wasn't scared or worried about being shot myself, I was just worried that something could have happened to Ivy.


Next thing I know, Ivy and her 3 friends come walking down the stairs. "What happened" they ask. "We're getting the fuck outta here now! That's what happened"

Maybe i'm mistaken, but who the fuck brings weapons into a fist fight. How I was raised, if you were dumb enough to start a fight in the first place, you better just take your beating if you can't handle it. I'm not saying that friends shouldn't jump in, because I have been in 2 fights my whole life, and both of them I jumped in because it was my best friend who was in the fight. But I brought my fists and anger. I didn't go run to my car and grab my knife because i'm a pussy, I jumped in knowing we were gonna win this fair and square. Guess it's times like that where you find out who the real cowards are.

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya. The problem is more of how kids are NOT raised. I live in Detroit (not the surrounding suburbs) and it's not uncommon for something petty to result in a death. I don't want to cast a negative light on the city I love, but it's really shown me a glimpse of humanity's yellow underbelly. If you don't raise your kids, the streets will.

    ReplyDelete