Monday, January 31, 2011

Dumbass Move of the Day V3



Friday it was fricken 70 degrees here in Denver! Talk about crazy for January. Both my bosses left work about 1pm, so I took off around 1:30. 4hr days make me extremely happy.
I walked outside, dropped the top on the Jeep and drove to my parents house where I played with the dogs and did a little work on the Jeep, as I usually do when I have free time. It was a great Friday.

Saturday I went snowboarding with a buddy and we got some awesome runs in. We took a lift as high on the mountain as we could, and then we hiked this ridge for a bit to get a good drop in down one of the chutes and into the bowls.

 


After this run, things got sour. I got a little hungry and reached into my pocket to grab one of my three granola bars. We did a few more runs and headed down the mountain.
It was about 1 when we decided to do one more run and call it a day...
I reached for my pocket to grab another granola bar...
Wait a second. Why is that pocket open?
Why are my granola bars not in there?
More importantly... Did I move my keys to another pocket?
SHIT!!

When I grabbed the first bar, I forgot to zip my pocket back up, and it was the same pocket I put my car keys in. I had only wiped out one time since then, but I had made multiple stops and sat down. We raced back up to the top of the mountain in hopes that we could comb the runs we did and find my keys. They obviously had to be sitting with 2 granola bars, so we searched and searched for those damn green wrappers.

No luck.

This dumbass lost his keys on the mountain. Oh and it gets worse...

"Just have someone drive your spare up" Jim said. That would have been a great idea except for the fact that I don't have a spare!! That was it. The only one. No others. I was fucked.


This is what I thought I was gonna have to do.

Luck would have it though, that my Jeep is still in my parents name. They also had a copy of the registration. And, it wasn't 5 o'clock yet, so they ran to the dealership to see if they could get a copy made. Sure enough, the delearship has all that on record, and my Jeep was made one year before they started installing chips into the keys, so they could just make me a copy and it should work. One year later and I would have had to tow it down to the dealership for them to program the key. That solved my key issue. Next was how do I get home? This is when you know who your true friends are. My buddy Chris drove 2hrs to pick my ass up. Then we drove 2hrs back home. Sunday I had another buddy drive me up and thankfully the new key worked. I think I'm gonna owe them beer for awhile.

What a weekend! It was a giant pain in the ass, but it all worked out. So here is some dumbass advice for all of you... MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SPARE KEY MADE!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Ryan. But at least this will be a day you will never forget. With out bad days, we wouldn't know what a good day feels like. Hope this week goes more smoothly for you.
    XO's

    ReplyDelete