Monday, January 17, 2011

5 o'clock somewhere

I was extremely frustrated on Friday, hence my mid day rant. Women can get under my skin in a matter of minutes, and it didn't help that I was irritable all week from work and some other stupid bull shit. I counted every minute that passed on Friday from about 3:30 to 5. The moment I got home, I could hear a faint voice calling me...

"Ryan"
"Im in here"

"Ryan"

I followed the voice to the kitchen. I immediately threw open that fridge, grabbed that blue mountain can, and poured the most refreshing beer I have ever drank down my aching throat.

Beer tastes so much better when you are frustrated. Luckily, I was in luck to have a lot more that night. My buddy Chris got back in town from his winter vacation in Texas and he wanted to hit downtown. His GF isn't 21 so she offered to drive us. We hit up Jackson where they have $15 all you can drink till midnight. This means you gotta get like 5 drinks to make it worth it. 3 beer in, I told Chris I was getting full but not even close to feeling anything. So I switched to vodka crans. 2 of those and I had reached the 5 drink quota, but I wanted to finish off that bar with one more beer.

We were making our way to Pats when we passed a bar Chris knew of pretty well. I have never been there so he said we had to go. When we walked in, I was amazed to find they had 100 something beers on tap!! We had a beer there and ran into my friend Amanda. She was out with some friend playing bar golf. There were on there way to the Grizz next, so we followed them over there.

I was already drunk at the time, and I was still pissed at Ivy so when we got to the Grizz I regressed to my "single, out at the bars" self. I thought Amanda had a cute friend, so I bought us all a round of shots. They were about to head to a different bar and we were still in the mood for Pats, so we parted ways.

On the way to Pats I couldn't help but notice these two lovely ladies in dresses walking ahead of us. As they started making a turn entering a parking garage, one of them caught me staring at them. This happens a lot apparently like this post.

I don't know how we started talking, or even remember what was being said, but I know we were talking from across the garage when we talked them into coming to Pats with us. Again, drunken Ryan decided to buy shots. Then Chris bought a round. Needless to say, I was hammered. The girl wanted to go dance somewhere, so I told them we could go to a bar I used to bounce at. We did some dancing, and it was about that time to part ways. Chris's GF was on her way, and I certainly couldn't drink anymore. I exchanged numbers with the Cali girl but I couldn't remember her name for the life of me. She is now in my phone as "Parking Garage Girl".

Although I got her number. I will not use it. I am serious about Ivy, and I am no cheater! I know it may sound bad that I got a number, but it's not. I made no moves on her and did nothing wrong. Hey, can't get mad at a guy for practicing his game a little bit. Just because Michael Jordan goes out to shoot some hoops doesn't mean he is coming out of retirement.

I did end up seeing Ivy on Saturday before leaving town, and we talked about some things, and she is just used to getting hurt and expects it to happen again. I told her she can't think that. She has to bring things up to me, even if they sound stupid to her. One key to a good relationship is communication. I don't want to read stuff on FB about her being frustrated with me and never saying something to me. That's a little ridiculous. But hey, we got it figure out.

The rest of my weekend was snowshoeing in Estes Park with the family!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you were dealing with some shittiness. :) I'm sure going to miss reading about your adventures when you settle for that pretty girl of yours :)

    ReplyDelete