Monday, January 24, 2011

Revamp

This past weekend was pretty much filled with beer pong. A LOT OF IT.
Thursday night went out downtown as usual and played pong at Lodos.
Friday, went over to a buddy's place and played pong all night.
Saturday Ivy gave me a new haircut. If I haven't mentioned before, Ivy is a hairstylist. I am now rockin a pretty good looking Fohawk. My mom said it was ok, but that it looked like a 18 year old's cut. In some ways I can see that. I think it definitely makes me look younger, which I don't need. But hey, I'll rock it for awhile and see how things go. Saturday night we went to a couple parties and played a little more pong.

Yesterday I gave my Jeep a good bath and a nice wax. Is it weird that I still get googly eyed over my own Jeep?
We also went to see the Green Hornet last night.


Absolutely awesome movie!! I love a good action film with a cool tricked out car. It was pretty funny too and not completely serious all the time like most super hero movies.

On another revamp note, I decided this weekend that I really need to start being better with my money. In the past couple months I have paid off my Jeep, paid off 1 credit card, and now should have a little extra money laying around. But the fact is, I don't have extra money. I have never been good about saving because I like to go out and play all the time. If I have extra money, I tend to spend it. This needs to die down a bit. On Friday I committed to putting $100 a month into a money market account and hopefully that will help me reach some short term financial goals, like paying off the other credit card with $5k on it, or maybe a down payment on a house, or maybe a "run around" car since they are projecting $4 gas this year... ouch!! We'll just have to see how that one goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment