Wednesday, January 5, 2011

No Better Opportunity

For those of you that really know me, or actually read stuff on my profile, you know that I don't really like my job. Don't get me wrong, I like the work, mostly because I like working with numbers. I have always been good at math and I don't mind doing it all day. The part I hate though, is sitting behind a desk all day just running numbers and pushing paperwork. It sucks!!

The other problem, is that I have never known what I truly wanted to do in life. That makes it really hard to chase something when you have no idea what to chase. Well, recently an opportunity arrived that gives me that "need to chase" feeling.



In Colorado we have an organization called Stay The Trail. It promotes responsible trail use for any off road vehicle. For the most part, people abide by the rules and stay on marked trails and don't destroy the land, but there are a handful of ass-hats out there that continue to get trails closed for the rest of us. So it is every off road enthusiasts job to be responsible and show respect as to unsure our trails stay open for future enthusiasts. Anyways, Stay The Trail has a job opening. Basically, you would travel around the state promoting responsible trail use. There are also a wide range of other responsibilities, but they are things like apply for grants, attend off road events, put together fundraisers, meet with BLM reps, stuff like that. So it's basically a project manager position in a way.

Off roading is definitely a passion of mine and if I could do it for a living and help promote the safe use of trails to others, I think I would like that. Also, I am very sociable so that is another reason I want to get out of the office life and get out and meet/talk to people.

Tonight I am going to be revamping my resume is hopes that I can impress the folks at Stay The Trail and get myself an interview for this position. Wish me luck!!


IT'S WEDNESDAY... HAPPY HUMP DAY!!

1 comment: