Sunday, January 2, 2011

Goodbye 2010

I know that it has been a long time since my last post, and that is not normal for me, but it has been for good reasons. I have been extremely busy. My holidays have been wonderful and this whole week a good college friend of mine from AZ has been staying with me and we have been partying our asses off. The very end of 2010 was AWESOME!

It is 3:45am, and most people are probably wondering, "Why the hell are you up and blogging?"

Well, Ivy was hanging out with me tonight and she was really tired. Ivy has 2 dogs at home waiting for her to take care of them and so staying the night with me is never really an option, but yet she did need a little midnight nap before heading home. I would never give up a chance to cuddle with this amazing girl. So anyways, she has just headed off for her 30 some minute drive and I always stay up and wait for her to text me she made it home safely.

Come Monday, I will have a very nice (and possibly long) story for you recapping this week's 5 day adventure, but for now, I wanted to share with y'all why 2010 couldn't have ended any better for me.

On October 30, I was blessed with meeting the most incredible woman. I didn't know it at the time, and it never even hit me until the past 2 or 3 weeks. Ivy has been an amazing addition to my life. She is so kind, so nice, so thoughtful, just has a giant heart. By this point in a relationship I usually find the girl I'm dating to be completely fake and a totally different person than I thought at the beginning. Not with Ivy. She is still as genuine as the first day I met her. Tonight while at the hookah bar, I kept finding myself just staring and smiling at her. I couldn't help it. In fact, it's like that every single time I am around her. I can't help but smile, because she is just AWESOME! I feel on top of the world when I'm around Ivy, and I can't wait to see where 2011 will take us.

2 comments: