Monday, October 4, 2010

4 Day Wedding Weekend!

2 of my best friends got married this weekend, and I couldn't be happier for them. We threw the bachelor party on Wednesday night and it was AWESOME!! I did a damn good job of throwing that thing together i must say. (A little gloating never hurt anyone)
We put a great "Bachelor bucket list" shirt together for Nick. My favorite task for the night was when Nick approached a table of 3 girls at this bar and had them complete task #7... Have someone show you their fake orgasm. All 3 girls were down for this one, and of course gave their best "performances". I must say, I was pretty turned on after this. What guy wouldn't be right? So the story goes... What goes on at bachelor party shouldn't really be discussed, so if y'all want know what really goes on, I'm sure you can find a party going on sometime at some downtown bar.

Photobucket


Thursday was SO nice to have off. I was able to sleep in, run a few errands and watch Iron Man 2. It was great. Then went to the rehearsal and the dinner, which was just like any other wedding rehearsal, so nothing to report there. At the dinner however, we received our groomsmen gifts. My best friend is obsessed with the original converse shoes. Well, since our tuxes were black with purple vests, he got us all converse shoes that were black with purple tongues. They also say groomsmen on the back... SICK!! I'm not a big fan of the original converse, but these ones are soo cool. Plus, now i have shoes to wear to the Rockies games... Next year :-(

Friday was the actual wedding that was great. I have never seen Jess smile so big and so much in the entire 6 years I've known her. The reception was great, with some totally bomb food!! I had a great time, and did a little too much dirty dancing. And when I say dirty, I mean REAL dirty. Ya know what though, if you didn't like it, fuck it, look away. I was drunk and love to dance so i didn't (and still don't) care. Now there were two things that disappointed me about the wedding...
1) The photographer was SHIT! Sorry Jess, but I have been in 6 weddings now, and that guy didn't impress me one bit. His background choice was crap, and he never changed it up. Take some different pics in different places dude! Plus, during a handful of the photos, i totally had a branch in front on my face between me and him. I totally understand that it's not about me, but I'm just saying that whoever was on the same end as me at any point, is gonna have a branch blocking their head/face. Super disappointing.
2) Went home ALONE! I had a totally hot bridesmaid who was flirting with me the night before, and at the beginning of the reception, but as the night went on and the drunker she got, the less interested in me she became and the more interested in some douche she dated a little while back. I also had a friend come with me as my date, and she was the one I was totally getting freaky with on the dance floor. I thought for sure that was a done deal... But she had to work at 6am and had already set up a ride home. Didn't know that till the ride showed up. HMMM... Lonely, but oh well.

Photobucket

Y'all have already heard about Sunday....

So overall, the weekend was great. It was amazing to have 4 days off from work and just relax. I had a ton of stress in my life during September, and this weekend was a great way to end September and start off October. After this weekend I realized I have a lot going for myself, but that I also have a lot of loose ends in my life that I need to clean up. Although I have many friends in relationships, I don't have to HAVE one as well. Single life has worked out for me just fine, and I need to stop looking at the negatives of being single and start looking at the positives.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVEEEE Wedding! Arent weddings all about getting wasted and dirty dancing?

    There not?

    Ohh well.. could have fooled me!

    ReplyDelete