Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cat's Out of the Bag

I woke up this morning to a text that was sent to me last night after I had passed out from the Nyquil I took. The text was from Chi, whom I had been texting off and on with all night.

"Hey this is random but do you still go to Regis or did you graduate already?

There it was, right in front of me. The question that was going to doom me. Not only had I lied to Chi from the beginning, but she figured it out before I could even come clean to her. I had no idea how she had figured it out, but if she's asking the question, she must know so I had no option but to come clean. I text her back and told her that I figured i'd be telling her this in person and not over text, but yes I had graduated. I also told her that I was worried she'd freak if she knew my real age.

After I replied I wasn't sure what her response would be, nor if I would even get one. Turns out, Chi's response shocked me a little. In a nut shell, she told me she got why I lied to her, but that if it reassures me at all, she usually dates older guys. She then asked if I felt weird about talking to a younger girl. I replied with no not at all because I have dated a lot of younger girls, she is just the biggest gap I have experienced yet. Chi then asked me my age. I told her and she responded with,
"Oh that's not bad at all. I mean i'm 19. Not like i'm 17 lol"

I told her that it's funny she said that, because when she told me she was a freshman, that's exactly what I was afraid of; she was 17 or 18.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this before, but if I would have known she was 19, I would have never lied to her. Oh well though. I asked Chi what made her ask me that question that night before, and she said she just thought it was weird how I was never on campus, I never talked about my classes, and that I never seemed to be doing homework. She's a pretty smart girl. I don't know too many that would put all that together. When she asked questions about classes or what not, I didn't want to lie so I just danced around the questions and changed subjects. I know that I'm a bad lier, but I thought I handled those question pretty good, haha, yea right. 

Needless to say, Chi wasn't hurt that I had lied to her. Guess you were right "M" .

1 comment: