Monday, November 15, 2010

Sleeper Sunday

I know that I have already told you all about my Thursday night, and that I seemed hopeful about Friday night's date, but it was a big disappointment as well. I originally met this girl downtown on Halloween weekend where she happily signed one of my playplace balls with her name and number. We went out to dinner, and don't get me wrong, we had some good conversations and there was never any weird, awkward moments at all, but the date was just BLAH.

When I had originally asked her out, she told me that she had some later plans that night with her friends, but that dinner sounded great. When I spoke with her on Friday, she said that her plans with the friends fell through, so dinner anytime would work. Like i said, their was never any bad moments, and she seems like a very nice, sweet girl, but I just didn't feel a spark. Usually after a date, I can't wait to get my lips on that other person. But on friday night, I just didn't feel that way at all. So, maybe little mrs sunshine was just a little wrong when she mentioned I love women.

Ok, ok. I admit I love most women, but this one just wasn't doing it for me. So, after dinner I didn't suggest any further plans, and neither did she. I took her back to her place where we hugged and she said, "Well, talk to you later I guess?" And I said yes. With that, I think she was probably feeling the same way, especially since I haven't heard from her since. I got home around 9:30 and spent the first friday night in, since who knows when. I watched the new Karate Kid and it was awesome!

Saturday came, and I was suppose to hang out with Chi, but she was working a cheerleading competition and it went way late, so by the time she text me, I was already at a buddy's birthday party running the beer pong table so I was a little drunk to drive. So, no hanging with Chi, but my ex GF from high school showed up, and kept flirting with me and putting her hands all over me and I guess I had a drunken outburst telling her to not touch me. Truth is, we're still friends, but i don't want anything more than that. So the fact of her trying to be flirty flirty when I had just finished 2 crap dates, kinda pissed me off.

Anywho, Sunday came around and I was expecting a Bronco butt kicking, but luckily I still went to the game and they KILLED IT! The Bronco win was just the start of a GREAT Sunday! On the bus ride home, I got a text from Ivy inviting me to go salsa dancing. I definitely accepted the invitation as I had a great time last weekend with her. I have been salsa dancing one time, and I sucked it up! This time we had a lesson where I could do all the basic steps part and part, by themselves, but when I put them all together I had a hard time remembering my footwork. Oh well, it's was Ivy's first time as well so we sucked it up together :-)  After the lesson we stayed for awhile where we tried to get better, and I think we did, a little bit anyway. I told her that I'm going to take her swing dancing where I'll feel more in my element. She said she has never been, so i'm gonna have to seriously brush up on those skills so I can impress her.

After salsa, her friend suggested pool. So to the pool hall bar we went. Again, I'm terrible at pool, but hey, so was Ivy! So once again we sucked it up together. Being that it was sunday, it was super mellow out. It was a nice relaxing evening where I was able to actually get to know her a little bit compared to the loud party/bar atmosphere we had been in the two times before. Ivy is totally sweet, and i totally have a spark with her. We decided to call it a nightm and I walked her to her friend's car where she gave me a sweet gental kiss that just exploded! Now when I say that, I don't mean that we turned into animals, clawing and grabbing at each other ready to ravage one another right there on the street. I mean, that once her soft lips locked with mine, they didn't want to seperate. Last week I kissed her at the bar, and outside at her car, but those had a lot of alcohol involved and I didn't feel that as a romantic kiss. Tonight on the other hand, no alcohol, and IT. WAS . AWESOME!

In the words of Bruno Mars... "Her lips, her lips. I could kiss them all day if she'd let me."

3 comments:

  1. haha you and that song boy :) and I was laughing out loud at "talk to you later I guess??" I'm sorry RY I know I'm laughing at your expense but that haaas to be a shitty date if you're ending the guy in a question mark. :) I love you! And don't be denying that you don't love women. The first step to recovery is acceptance Ryan.

    Where did you go dancing? In Arvada over there? That place is awesome!!!! Dane and I went there...like a lifetime ago! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jess, we went to D Note in Old Town. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you can't help who you are attracted to. It sucks that your Friday date didn't ignite some sort of spark with that girl... But it sounds like you have plenty of other options :)

    ReplyDelete