Sunday, November 7, 2010

An Extra Hour of Craziness

You all know that I usually wait till Monday to fill you in on my weekend adventures, but last night was so great that I just couldn't wait to share.

I want to start with my Thursday night, that doesn't make me feel good about myself, but I dug my own grave. About 2 months ago I met a girl at a friends college party, we'll call her Chi because she's from Chicago. Chi and I seemed to kick it off pretty good. Nothing came up that night, but a few days later I was texting her and asked what year she was. Turns out she was a freshman. When the question was reciprocated, I panicked thinking she would freak if I told her I was 24 and graduated. So i lied... Senior I said.
I was never worried about the lie because I figured the chances of hanging out with her again were slim. I would randomly text her to say hi, but her interest seemed null since she would always text back, but would never be the first to text me and never mentioned meeting up again. Well, last week we were talking and she brought up the fact that we hadn't hung out since that night we met. We decided to change this and go out Thursday night. We hit up a hookah bar and I had a great night! Chi is totally awesome! I started to realize that no matter how awesome she is, I doomed any possibility of an actual relationship with her because I can't live out a lie like that, and when i tell her the truth, i'm sure she won't think of me as such a good guy, because no one likes lyers. If anyone has insight on how to solve that situation, I am all ears!

Let's skip Friday and jump right to Saturday. It was my buddy Brandon's Birthday. We went downtown where we sat around the fire at this bar and ordered jagerbombs. There was a couple probably in their forties or fifties sitting across from us. The husband at one point asked what we were drinking. I told him and he asked if we wanted another round on him. HELL YEA! Who can pass up free shots? The couple told us it was their anniversary. My first thought was they must be swingers. What is in it for them to buy us shots? Well, they didn't turn out to be swingers, but later on I was at the bar buying them drinks when they asked my friends if any of us were single. Turns out I was the only one. When I return to the fire, the couple starts talking about their daughter who is 21 and goes to CSU. They start showing me pictures of her on their phones and telling me how nice she is. Did i mention the girl was hot? NO? SHE WAS HOT! I couldn't believe that I was trying to be hooked up at a bar by a couple parents. The best part was when they took a photo of me and sent it to their daughter. The couple told me she is coming down in a couple weeks to bar hop with them and told me to come. I said it sounded like fun haha. When we left that bar, i didn't exchange numbers because I felt like that was weird. That ends that part of the night.

We moved to another bar and earlier in the night I had invited a girl down that I had met last Friday night at a Halloween party. She came down and met us at the second bar we were at, and she looked DAMN good. She was a ton of fun, and we definitely had plenty of drinks together and danced it up a ton on the dance floor. She is a great dancer, and i don't know if other people feel this way, but I don't always dance well with everyone. I feel like i'm a good dancer, but I just don't mesh with everyone I dance with if that makes sense. Me and "Ivy" (we'll call her), meshed very well on the dance floor. Total turn on!!

Since the bars were open another hour later last night, I got to spend some extra time with Ivy. Unfortunately for my wallet, the extra hour was a terrible thing! Before cabbing it back to my buddy's house, I walked Ivy and her friend back to their car where her friend drove home and I squeezed in a very nice makeout session.

All in all, I chalk this weekend up as a huge win. I had an amazing time with a different group of people each night, and although I drank way too much and spent far too much money, it was all worth it, and i hope next weekend is just as good.

4 comments:

  1. Ryan:
    FIrst of all I think out of all of the girls "Ivy" seems like the one who is worth most of your time... Seems like you all are on the same wavelength.
    As for "Chi" she's just too young right now, It's no fun to date someone you can't take out and enjoy a social drink... I actually met a guy this summer that lied to me about his age, you should read my blog on what happened and how I found out about it, it's titled Google-it. http://celestevm.blogspot.com/2010/07/google-it.html
    Good luck! Can't wait to read what happens with all of this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The age difference between you and Chi could be an issue, but maybe it isn't. If you decide it's worth keeping her around, even as a friend, you will have to fess up. Most (sane) girls will be understanding if you say what you said in the post... that you were worried that being older would scare her off. We all have insecurities, however irrational they may be. If she can't understand that, then she's probably not worth your time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way I can hear your voice in my head when reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete